"When you know that your research can have a direct impact, that makes a difference."
Snow Li, PhD Candidate from Medicine.
At UNSW Sydney we generate new knowledge and transform research discoveries into successful innovations to benefit society, the economy and future generations. We are committed to providing you with an unmatched PhD experience that includes outstanding research training and mentorship, world-class supervision, and access to research environments defined by excellence and collaboration.
We conduct research across a wide range of areas and invest considerable resources where we believe we can make the biggest difference, such as:
- Solar power (photovoltaics): We hold the world record for the conversion efficiency of a silicon solar cell, and we are home to one of the world’s fastest solar-powered cars.
- Clean drinking water: We created membrane filtration technology to filter water that is now used in taps around the world.
- Population ageing: We are developing economic and health policy frameworks for government and industry to sustainably manage this global challenge.
- Cancer treatment: We are improving diagnostic tools and treatments for cancer patients.
- The world’s first quantum computer: Using silicon, we are one of the global leaders in the race to build a quantum computer.
Key Research Areas
- Biomedical Sciences
- Water, Climate, Environment and Sustainability
- Next Generation Materials and Technologies
- Social Policy, Government and Health Policy
- ICT, Robotics and Devices
- Law, Business and Economics
- Fundamental and Enabling Sciences
- Contemporary Humanities and Creative Arts
- Defence and Security
Top 5 Research Centres
- Australian Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics
- The Kirby Institute for Infection and Immunity in Society
- Social Policy Research Centre
- Climate Change Research Centre
- Centre for Quantum Computation & Communication Technology
Top 5 Research Achievements
- UNSW is one of the world’s leading research and technology hubs for clean energy innovation across a range of transformational areas including clean fuels, renewables, grid decarbonisation, transport electrification, energy storage and policy. An example is our development of environmentally friendly thin-film solar cells made from non-toxic and abundant raw materials.
- UNSW is a global leader in health research and bioengineering, with expertise in infectious diseases, cardiovascular disease, cancer treatment, healthcare, neuroscience, bionics, bioengineered materials and technologies, biomolecular innovation and medical imaging analysis. Our researchers are addressing today’s healthcare challenges and driving innovative clinical practices, treatments and devices.
- UNSW is using creativity and inclusion to solve some of humanity's greatest challenges and shape a better future for all. Our current research is promoting the realisation of equity and rights in business, health and gender justice, with an increasing focus on climate change among other pressing human rights issues.
- UNSW is developing better models for understanding climatic processes and dynamics to improve weather and climate prediction and support communities around the globe in the face of climate change. Our researchers are developing an understanding of the physics of storms and clouds, and how they interact with climate, atmosphere-ocean dynamics and teleconnections to regional rainfall variability and change associated with climate patterns particularly in Australia.
- UNSW is leading the world in the race to build a quantum computer in silicon and undertakes world-class research in optical quantum computing and quantum information technologies.
- Over 100 Research Centres
- Approximately 4000 Research candidates
- Approximately 2000 Academic Researchers/Supervisors
Interview mit Richard zum PhD an der UNSW
- The GOstralia! Research Centre in cooperation with UNSW award exclusive PhD full tution fee scholarships open to all faculties. More information
- More funding information and application deadline available here.
- Prospective students can apply for scholarships for research study, or competitive grants as a professional researcher. More information
Interviews & Testimonials
Du möchtest einen individuellen Beratungstermin?
Kontaktiere gerne unsere Ansprechpartnerinnen des GOstralia! Research Centre.