At UniSA, our researchers are thought-leaders and change-makers. We have big ideas and we ask big questions. We translate our discoveries into solutions that benefit our economy and society. Our approach to research has always been strongly aligned with industry, and we engage in partnerships with business, industry and community, who help to shape the questions we ask. We have built a culture of collaboration that brings our best minds together to solve problems in a multidisciplinary environment. Through our research partnerships, we are developing future industries, creating change and making the world a better place.
Key Research Areas
- Engineering, all types, focus on civil engineering
- Information technology and computing sciences, focus on AI, systems, augmented reality and human-centred computing
- Oncology and cancer research
- Pharmacology and pharmaceutical sciences, drug development and research
- Education and human society
Check our website to view all our currently available research degree projects.
Largest Research Centres
Our research centres include:
- Future Industries Institute
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Pharmaceutical Innovation
- Industrial Artificial Intelligence
- Centre for Enterprise Dynamics in Global Economies
Please check our website to access the full breadth of our research
- Rated five stars for excellence in research, employability, teaching, facilities, internationalisation, inclusiveness and innovation - 2022 QS Stars Ratings
- #1 young university in Australia for industry collaborations - 2022 THE Young University Rankings - Industry Income Indicator
- 100% of our research at or above world-class - 2018 assessed detailed fields, Excellence in Research Australia (ERA)
- No. 1 in Australia for research impact and engagement - 2018 ARC Engagement and Impact Assessment (EI), Combined Impact – Approach to impact and engagement Australia fields.
- 30+ Research Centres
- 1.076 Research Students
- 2.500 Research Staff/Supervising academics
At the University of South Australia prospective research degree students can apply directly to a research degree project with a defined supervisory panel and an allocated living allowance and tuition fee scholarship. All research degree students sponsored by a recognised partner (e.g. government or organisation) may be able to receive a fee waiver. More information about available scholarships can be found here.